English assignment plan-
* Human Nature- The general psychological characteristics, feelings, and behavioural traits of humankind, regarded as shared by all humans. * Justify-Support an argument or conclusion.
* Analysing- Identifying components and the relationship between them: draw out and relate implications * Literacy merit- literary merit when you gain something of value from reading it (such as deeper knowledge or new ideas to consider). * Moral questions-Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour and the goodness or badness of human character. * Social questions - Of or relating to society or its organization: "alcoholism is a major social problem" IN COLD BL00D-
Why students should read it?
* Book represents and informs and teaches the class about a new form of writing style in which incorporates journalism and fiction together. * Allows students to form their own opinions
* Its superbly written (Truman capote on of the greatest writers of all time*) * Provides a non-fiction novel genre
* The book provides powerful juxtaposition of the depravity of humanity and the great humanity of the residents of the town ( ties in with human nature theme) * Capote handled the facts he received not as a journalist but as a novelist, this let him fill in the gaps. * Capote makes the killers seem human
In Cold Blood-
Truman Capote’s In Cold Blood, tells the true story of the murdering of the Clutter Family in Kansas in 1959. It is a novel in which incorporates techniques which make it the first New Journalism novel which under goes techniques in which make the novel both Journalistic and Fiction. This novel contains so many ideas, morals, Literacy merits and techniques which make it a desirable book with knowledge which is worth gaining for High School Students and there are many reasons why. Truman Capotes style of writing is one of the main reasons students should study the text as it...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document