1 year historical stock price:
* At a low right now, took a dip in August with an acquisition – usual case for a the acquirer to decrease stock value when acquiring a company but slowly has been increasing Competitive advantage: provide a wide-range of specialty food products as well as extensive product knowledge and customer service Why buy?:
1. Experienced management & directors
2. Expected revenue growth in the future
3. Consistent margins after expanding
4. Increased exposure to new markets throughout the US
About CHEF: -domestic company created in 1985 by two brothers, Chris & John Pappas * Distributes an extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty food products to high profile chefs at hotels, country clubs, fine-dining restaurants, caterers, culinary schools, and gourmet food stores. Provides about 16,700 products. Management: -Chris Pappas – founder, chairman, president, & CEO – extensive knowledge of company & specialty food products distribution business & years of leadership experience at CHEF * John Pappas – Vice Chairman – served as COO for 26 years & has 25 years of experience in logistics, facility management and global procurement & oversees network of distribution centers nationwide – extensive knowledge of company & specialty food products distribution & leadership experience * John D. Austin – CFO – over 23 years of financial-related experience – experience as CFO at the HILB group which is known to make targeted acquisitions (insurance industry) * Frank O’Dowd – CIO – extensive experience managing information technology in rapidly growing organizations * Patricia Lecouras – Executive VP of HR – came from GE Capital Commercial Finance (vp hr), Nine-West, & Xerox. Prior experience in finance and tax-related functions. Earned six sigma master black belt certification. Directors: - 5 members have extensive experience in the food sector...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document