Current Affairs, General Knowledge Questions and Answers for preparing all Competitive Examinations.
1. Who is sworn in as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: P. Sathasivam.
2. Who is sworn in as the new prime minister of Australia? Answer: Kevin Rudd
3. Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy received the United NationsPublic Service Award for? Answer: For his mass contact programme initiative.
4. Who is the new Railway Minister of India?
Answer: Mallikarjun Kharge
5. Who is elected as the new President of Iran?
Answer: Hassan Rouhani
6. Ravuri Bharadwaja who won Jnanpith 2012 is the writer of which language? Answer: Telugu. He is the 3rd recipient from Andhra Pradesh to receive the highest literary award in India.
7. Who is the new President of Venezuela?
Answer: Nicolas Maduro. He succeeded Hugo Chavez who died on 5th March 2013.
8. Who won 67th Santosh Trophy National Football Tournament (2013)? Answer: Services defeated Kerala to win the trophy.
9. Who is the author of the book 'Life of Pi'?
Answer: Yann Martel
10. Where is the venue of 5th BRICS Summit -2013?
Answer: Durban in South Africa.
11. Who is the winner of 44th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2012? Answer: Pran Krishan Sikand
12. Which is the latest language added as the classical language? Answer: Malayalam
13. Who heads the 14th Finance Commission?
Answer: Y V Reddy
14. Hopman Cup is associated with?
15. What is the Russian parliament called?
16. Name the metal used for making fake diamonds?
17. The country that shares longest border with India is?
18. Who won the Nobel Prize for Literature 2012?
Answer: Mo Yan
19. Name the boundary line that separates India and China?
Answer: McMohan Line
20. Who is the current CBI Director?
Answer: Ranjit Sinha
21. Who was the first foreigner to receive Bharat Ratna Award? Answer: Nelson Mandela
22. Who wrote the book ‘The annihilation of caste’?
Answer: Dr. B.R Ambedkar
23. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre took place on?
Answer: 13th April 1919
24. ‘Project Arrow’ is related with:
Answer: Postal Service
1. Who is the Present Attorney General?
Answer: Goolam Essaji Vahanvati
2. Who is the Present Solicitor General?
Answer: Mohan Parasaran
3. Who is the Present Comptroller and Auditor General?
Answer: Shashi Kant Sharma
4. Who is the Present Army Chief?
Answer: Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh
5. Who is the Present Chief Election Commissioner?
Answer: V. S. Sampath
6. Who is the Present National Human Rights Commission, Chairman? Answer: K.G. Balakrishnan
7. Who is the Present National Commission for Woman, Chairperson? Answer: Mamta Sharma
8. Who is the present Finance Commission, Chairman?
Answer: Y.V. Reddy
9. Who is the Present ISRO chairman?
Answer: Dr. K. Radhakrishnan
10. Who is the present Supreme Court Chief Justice of India? Answer: Altamas Kabir
11. Who is the new chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)? Answer: Alok Joshi
12. Who is the new chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB)?
Answer: Syed Asif Ibrahim
13. Who is the new chief of CBI?
Answer: Ranjit Sinha
1. Who is the President of International Meteorological Organization? Answer: Alexander Bedritskiy
2. Who is the Secretary General of Asean?
Answer: Surin Pitsuwan
3. Who is the Director General of UNESCO?
Answer: Irina Bokova
4. Who is the Secretary General of NATO?
Answer: Anders Rasmussen
5. Who is the President of the European Union?
Answer: Herman Van Rompuy
6. Who is the Head of the African Union Commission?
Answer: Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
7. Who is the Head of the World Health Organization?
Answer: Margaret Chan
8. Who is the Managing Director of IMF?
Answer: Christine Lagarde
9. Who is the President of the World Bank?
Answer: Jim Yong Kim
Important Heads of India
1. Army Head - Bikram Singh
2. Navy Head - D K joshi...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document